Short-term Program in Base SAS
Gain expertise in SAS and learn how to apply it in the cross functional domain of Healthcare/Pharma/IT.
Why BASE SAS
SAS analytics Science is a rapidly growing industry and requires trained professionals in the cross functional domain of Healthcare/Pharma/IT. It is heavily used in a wide range of industries such as insurance, education, banking and the life sciences.
In This Course
Learn the basic steps of SAS programming such as data migration. You will also learn about data manipulation techniques using SAS data, various statistical procedures for read and create data files, manipulate, transform data and combine SAS data sets.
The Sollers Advantage
The Short-term Program in BASE SAS by Sollers is taught by faculty experienced in the industry. The program is a great way to quickly develop an in-demand skill working with the latest technologies and gaining valuable hands-on experience.
- Create basic detail and summary reports using SAS procedures
- Identify and correct data, syntax and programming logic errors
- Create temporary and permanent SAS data sets investigate SAS data libraries using base SAS utility procedures access an Excel workbook
- Create and manipulate SAS date values export data to create standard and comma-delimited raw data files
- Control which observations and variables in a SAS data set are processed and output
- Sort observations in a SAS data set conditionally execute SAS statements
- Use assignment statements in the DATA step, modify variable attributes using options and statements in the DATA step; accumulate subtotals and totals using DATA step statements
- Use SAS functions to manipulate character data, numeric data, and SAS date values
- Use SAS functions to convert character data to numeric and vice versa
- Process data using DO LOOPS, validate data, clean data, generate list reports using the PRINT procedure
- Generate summary reports and frequency tables using base SAS procedures
- Enhance reports using user-defined formats, titles, footnotes and SAS System reporting
- Identify and resolve programming logic errors, recognize and correct syntax errors, examine and resolve data error
- SAS Installation Process
- Windows and Commands in the SAS
- Windowing Environment
- SAS Data Sets (Temp and Perm Data sets)
- Submitting a Program in the SAS
- Windowing Environment
- Reading the SAS Log
- Viewing Your Results in the Output Window
- SAS Data Libraries
- Viewing Data Sets with SAS Explorer
- Using SAS System Options
- PROC IMPORT Procedure
- PROC EXPORT Procedure
- Principles of Exporting Data to FDA and Non-FDA Organizations
- PROC COPY Procedure
- PROC APPEND Procedure
- PROC SORT Procedure
- PROC SQL Procedure
- PROC TRANSPOSE Procedure
- Working with Numeric Functions
- Working with Character Functions
- Working with Date/Time and Stat Functions
- Using LOCF Techniques to Clinical Trials Data
- PROC UNI-VARIATE Procedure
- PROC CORR Procedure
- PROC REG Procedure
- For Exploring data (PROC CHART – vbar, hbar, pie, block,)
- PROC PLOT (plot, boxplot)For professional charts (FDA) (PROCGCHART-pattern, PROC GPLOTsymbol)
- For Ad-hoc (PROC PRINT)
- Introduction to Graphs
- For Generating Tables and Listings (PROC REPORT)
- For SUMMARY Tables (PROC TABULATE)
- Introduction to SAS/Macros
- Create and use user-defined and automatic macro variables
OUR STUDENTS WORK AT
Sollers partners with industry-leading corporations and provides them with ready-on-day-one employees. We record an 82% placement rate within three months of graduation.
After the completion of program, we assist our students with interview coaching, resume building sessions, conduct mock interviews, job readiness training and make them competent to venture into the corporate world.
The Clinical Trial Management course is extensive, and the professors are thorough in delivering the course materials using real life experience and insight. Career Services helped me throughout the interview process, and I landed my dream job with the very first interview after graduating from Sollers.
Thanks to the academic team at Sollers, I was able to gain quick admission with financial options to pay tuition. Career Services was very helpful with resume and interview prep. They sent me job postings with major hospitals and pharma companies which helped me land my current job as Data Manager in cancer clinical trials.